Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bamboo rotting!?!?

I received bamboo in a bouquet about two weeks ago. I've changed the water about every other day (and it gets really stinky by then), but it looks like the bamboo is rotting. I threw out all of the other flowers, in case that was part of the issue but they are still just getting worse. The leaves have small brown spots on them, and the stalks have long brown streaks. One of them also has some black spots that look like rot. The only thing in the vase is the three bamboo shoots, water, and some rocks in the bottom. It is in my office that gets no direct sunlight (which I've heard is good for bamboo). Any ideas?

Bamboo rotting!?!?
Bamboo is very sensitive to over watering. Try less water.
Reply:Hi:


It sounds like you are changing out the water way too much. I have a Bamboo in water and never change the water. I let it go down and then add a little more about once a week. This type of Bamboo that stays in water doesn't need a lot of attention. I try and give mine a little sunlight as Bamboo does like some light. You may want to consider changing the location in your office or bringing it home and trying it with a little sunlight.





I hope this has helped some and good luck to you. If you need any other suggestions please feel free to contact me at the website. Good luck to you and I will link you to the site map of my website. This has everything that is on the website. Browse through and see if there is anything in there that may help you with your Bamboo or any other plant specimen or garden project. Have a great day!


Kimberly





http://www.landscape-solutions-for-you.c...


No comments:

Post a Comment