Sunday, April 26, 2009

I got a bamboo flute at an arts festival and it has imperfection lines in couple spots? Will this affect tone?

I don't know much about bamboo flutes. If you do, can you tell me if imperfections in the bamboo can affect the tone. The flute I got was pretty expensive, but I didn't see the problems right away. Everything is smooth, and feels normal, but they almost look like repaired splits in the bamboo. Does anyone know anything about bamboo flutes or how to determine quality in one of these? Also, if the people that sold the flute claimed it is "concert pitch", should the flute be accurate? I played with a tuner, and I can't get the flute exactly on pitch without some major difficulty. Some notes not at all. I just want to know if anyone knows anything about choosing quality bamboo flutes so I know for future reference. Are there any really great bamboo flute makers you would recommend? Thanks.

I got a bamboo flute at an arts festival and it has imperfection lines in couple spots? Will this affect tone?
I worked for a music store and we sold Sweetheart Flutes. They were well tuned and well made. I don't remember if they made bamboo or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment