Friday, May 21, 2010

Bamboo problem?

i have a bamboo plant. i don't know what kind it is. but some of the stalks are turning yellow. i want to replant it to see if it would do better in a differnt pot but i don't know if i should.


it's been in the same pot for almost 3 and a half years. the leaves are fine on the plant and only one of the stalks are yellow(theres 4). but i already had to get rid of one because it was all the way yellow. please help!!

Bamboo problem?
Mine all turned yellow too. But my neighbor who bought hers at the same time I did, now has a tree. She says the key is distilled water, not tap water. I would try either cleaning out the pot you have it in or changing it to another pot and then using only distilled water. When she saw the cyrstals around the top of my pot, she said that was mineral deposits from the tap water which closes the avenue for water absorption to the stalks. My new one is thriving.


No comments:

Post a Comment