Friday, May 14, 2010

Bamboo plants? Now what?

I have one of those small bamboo plants that you can buy at Wal-mart. It came in a little vase with rocks and water. I've been watering this guy and now he's getting huge. I wanna transplant him into a bigger pot but I don't wanna kill him. How do I transplant, should I keep rocks or switch to soil? Does it need sun it will be an indoor plant?

Bamboo plants? Now what?
You can either transplant into a larger vase - the sand is just used to keep it steady in the pot, they can actually grow in just plain water. Or, you can snip with a sharp knife through the stem, leaving about 4-5inches of the original plant and make yourself a new one from the top doing the same as transplanting, except strip the part of the stem that will be under water of any leaves. good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment