Monday, May 17, 2010

Bamboo help?

Just a quick question as to I have never really been much of a green thumb.. although I am really starting to try. I have my lucky bamboo that I read the instructions on and I have done what they said. The basics, they are in a small vase with appropriate rocks to hold them, I have about 1.5 inches of water in the vase and change it on a weekly basis, never put any more. Now my office gets sunlight, but I also have lights from my desk as well. They seem to be doing well, but my question is today I noticed that the smaller of the two has formed lines.. almost looks like wrinkles going up the stalk.


I felt it and it is not soft, so I dont think i over watered it and there is a new budding stalk on it. No brown areas either. I guess I just want to make sure that I am not killing it!!


Any suggestions or ideas


thanks

Bamboo help?
I have never looked after the lucky bamboo however I have started my own bamboo garden in Florida and seems to be doing quite nicely.


It sounds like your bamboo is doing ok. The new green shoots show that. Plants do loose some of their stems now and then but new ones take thier place if the plant is healthy. Keep on doing what you are doing, and watch closely...that is all the help that I can give you, sorry.
Reply:Its called lucky bamboo, but its not really bamboo.


It grows in water, so you cant over water it.


If it has new growth it probably is not dying.


No comments:

Post a Comment