Friday, May 21, 2010

Is the Wacom Bamboo Fun any good for graphics?

Originally I was going to get the Wacom Intuos3 but the price in Australia is significantly more than buying it in US.


It's USD$329.95 on the US website and it's AUD$569 on the Australian website...when it should be around AUD$375 after conversion...





So anyway the one I'm thinking of now is the Bamboo Fun.


It only has 512 pressure levels of pressure sensitivity and has less resolution.


Are these two factors really big?


Apparently 512 pressure points isn't as fluid as the 1024 and you can tell because sometimes it "jumps"...is this true or is it a marketing ploy?








Bamboo Fun for graphics...yes or no?





If not, does anyone know of a good and cheaper alternative to the Intuos?








Thanks in advance ^__^

Is the Wacom Bamboo Fun any good for graphics?
I found that the pressure sensitivity really depends on your point of view. I went from an Intuos2 at home, but at work they carried Intuos3. Before the job, the Intuod2 was fine and it didn't matter. When I worked on the Intuos3 for a bit and went back home to the Intuos2, I REALLY noticed the difference. So much, that I spent the money for a Intuos3.





So, if you get a Bamboo, I think you'll be fine and it won't hinder you in the work you produce. Just don't try the higher end models ;)
Reply:The older small Wacom I use has only 256 levels of pressure sensitivity and I don't find it a problem although some people might. The dollar has been falling against most currencies so it may get worse.

domain name registration

No comments:

Post a Comment