Friday, May 21, 2010

Would my little bamboo sprout grow?

I bought a little bamboo "stick" from a little kiosk in the mall because I wanted an indoor plant that would brighten up my room a bit so I though "hey, bamboo", and I put it in a little glass cup with some rocks and water (water change every once in a while, one a month at most) with some drops of this weird.. nutritional green stuff that the guy sold with it.


Since I bought it, the stick itself doesn't seem to have grown, but the leaves look like they have gotten longer/multiplied. Is it just my imagination, or is it actually growing in the cup? I've had it for some months...





I didn't think it would grow lol.. I just thought I had to keep it alive on my windowsill.

Would my little bamboo sprout grow?
your "bamboo" is actually a dracaena (Dra-seen-a). You've basically got a cutting that's going to send up shoots. No, the stick won't grow, just the shoots it sends up.
Reply:The stick itself is not going to grow. Just the shoots from the top will grow. I have had a few bamboo plants. I have one that is a bunch of bamboo stems together, then I have another vase that has 2 straight and 1 curved one. I have had them for a little over a year now. they are just as green as they were when I got them, but only the shoots will grow. Just continue doing what you are doing and your plant will be just fine. You can add more sticks in with that one if you want your glass/vase to be fuller.


No comments:

Post a Comment