Saturday, November 14, 2009

Part of my bamboo plant died. Should I cut it?

I don't know anything about plants but several people suggested I get a bamboo plant because they are so easy to take care of. The plant has three bamboo. One of them died (well it turned brown and shriveled) but the root is still green and healthy. Should I cut the plant down to the healthy part or will the entire bamboo gain it's health back?

Part of my bamboo plant died. Should I cut it?
This information maybe helful....about pruning your bamboo..





Bamboo like other plants requires some pruning to maintain its attractiveness. Bamboo culms live only to about 15 years. Once each year you should remove older unattractive culms and cut off any dead or unattractive branches. You can prune bamboo without fear of damaging it. Just trim so it looks attractive. Make cuts just above a node, so as not to leave a stub that will die back and look unsightly. If you cut back the top, you may want to also shorten some of the side branches so the plant will look more balanced, not leaving long branches at the top.
Reply:yeah what she said lol


No comments:

Post a Comment